Date for 2021 Choral Festival
On Thursday 17th September 2020, MCAA Secretary, Brian Buckley, received formal acknowledgement from the Sydney Town Hall of the MCAA’s decision to cancel the MCAA Festival originally scheduled for Sunday, 1st November 2020 due to pressures related to the CVID-19 Coronavirus pandemic.
Simultaneously, the Sydney Town Hall formally accepted and confirmed the MCAA’s proposal that the Festival be deferred for 12 months, i.e. until Sunday 31st October 2021.
I encourage all choirs to now lock in the weekend of 30th-31st October 2021 to be in Sydney for the Festival.
The MCAA Committee and the Sydney Organising Team can now swing into action to hopefully confirm other deferred bookings for the weekend. Of course, fuller details will be disseminated as they come to hand.
Let us anticipate that this news may be a further positive glimmer of hope to add to the improving data coming from lock down and hotspot regions especially as we think of our Melbourne friends and Victorians generally. We might expect that the gradual lifting of social restrictions over coming weeks might also ease governments’ concerns related to choral activities being classified as high risk.
Continue to keep safe and healthy.